Monday, February 1, 2010

Hanging out at Bindi's Place

Tori LOVES Bindi the Jungle Girl, so during the Christmas holidays we went to Australia Zoo with Yanci, Mark and Kira. It was a lot of fun to be up close to so many awesome animals. Tori and Mark just loved being together often wanting to run off and do their own thing - like hide in this cave!:

Kira and Eadie, only about four months apart were darling angels so even us parents had fun! For us, the surprise of the day was watching Vettoria mingle with the animals. We were so excited to show her the huge elephants, tigers, and giraffes. But do you think she cared about any of them? No way! Her favorite animals to look at and touch were - I'm horrified to say - lizards, baby crocodiles, and snakes! Huh??

How did I end up raising a child who wants a pet lizard instead of a kitten? When I took her to the toddler petting zoo she was terrified of the baby lambs, and the piglets just weren't her thing. Maybe I should have sensed something was up since every time we go to the pet-shop she wants to look at the rats and mice rather than the puppies... Heaven forbid... Just the idea of them in my home makes me what to cringe! So, if she's veering down the 'rodent' road, I'm trying to convince her a guinea pig is very cool (I don't care if it's not a 'rodent'... it's the closest we're going to get to a rat!) And she seems to be catching on thankfully enough! I'll keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment