Tuesday, February 16, 2010

My MOJO is BACK!!

I have decided to participate in the Gold Coast 10km Run in July!

THE CHALLENGE - Run 10km
THE ULTIMATE GOAL - 10km in under 1 hour
THE CURRENT GOAL - Run 3km
THE TIME-FRAME - 20 weeks

That's right!! I'm committed, and I even have some friends on Facebook who are going to do it as well! I am so excited about it! Since I started early morning jogging on New Years day, it has been a roller coaster of emotions. The first two weeks were just awesome, everything I wanted and MORE! Jogging 6 days a week, I was excited to get out there, I was accomplishing goals, and I just felt alive with excitement about it. But then I sprained my ankle and was out of action for 3 weeks. I was hobbling everywhere, and I actually MISSED being able to go jogging at 5.30am! After a couple of weeks I still planned to get back into it and after buying new sneakers I finally did. But somewhere along the weeks I lost something... that passion I had felt wasn't there anymore. I still wanted to get fit, create an outlet, accomplish goals.. but did I want to put in the effort after all? It's so early.. it's getting colder.. I'm so tired... etc, etc, etc. So I ran on and off for a week, not really 'feeling it'.

But then this week I decided to get my 'mojo' back. I set some more goals, went out, and actually fulfilled them. I could do this! And I was getting better! But I needed a BIGGER GOAL. Something that would motivate me to press harder, get up and go out. I needed a challenge!! And that was how I found the Gold Coast Marathon 10km Run. It's on Saturday, July 3rd, 7:25am (the only running event in QLD actually held on a Saturday - Yay!) at Surfers Paradise. The course is flat and beautiful, and it is run by THOUSANDS and THOUSANDS of people every year from all over the WORLD. Who knew this even existed? Not me!! But I am determined and excited to give it a go!!
I'll keep you posted on my progress - GRIPPING SUSPENSE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment