Sunday, March 14, 2010

10km Challenge Update

During this month it rained for almost 2 weeks straight, which meant I didn't jog for, well, two weeks straight! (Hey, I'm dedicated, but I'm not deliberately going to run my new shoes in puddles!) So I thought it would be best to join a gym so I could get back into it without having to worry about the weather. And back into it I am! I've succeeded to fulfil my 4km goal and - get this - in the time frame of 24 minutes (a minute faster than my goal!!).
OK, OK, so I know that running on a treadmill is 'easier' than running on pavement, but hey, gimme a break! I'm going to do a road run once a week so I can assess how I am going outside, but as for now I'm just excited to be at it again. So, here are the stats:

THE CHALLENGE: 10km
THE ULTIMATE GOAL: 10km in under 1 hour
THE CURRENT GOAL: 5km in under 30 minutes
THE TIME FRAME: 15 weeks

No comments:

Post a Comment