Monday, March 29, 2010

Best of friends.... worst of .....

So at the very moment I am sitting and typing this, all I can hear are the voices of Vettoria and Eadie in the shower upstairs together... No, I don't hear the sweet giggles and playful chants of sisters as they splash and play. Instead I hear, "Eadie, no! Stop that!" to which Eadie says, "Uuuhhhh!!!". Then Tori yells "Eadie! No! Give it back!" then I hear a plastic toy hit the bathtub and Eadie again groan loadly "Arghhh!!!!"... another bang of toys..... a frustrated whimper.... another Eadie grunt... silence. Then tori: "Aaaahh!", and it starts all over again.
I tell you, these two are at it all day, every day! It's a rare moment when they will sit next to eachother without one ticking the other off. Tori tries to climb on Eadie and gets mad when Eadie pulls her hair; Eadie takes Tori's book, so Tori takes it back again, after which follows the infamous 'Eadie Grunt'. How do I describe the grunt....? It's like a cross between an angry ogre and a whipper-snipper that wont start. Even though she's not even 1 year old, she has proved she is not one to be pushed around. Even though her 'fighting words' don't vary beyond "ehh" and "argh" you somehow know exactly what she is trying to say...
Sick of the fighting, I yell up the stairs, "Are you ready to get out?" to which I hear a very clear, "No not yet!". Bang...grunt... bang.
Interesting times ahead, people... very intersting indeed.....
Mum, dad, I know what you're thinking..... I get it now...

No comments:

Post a Comment