Saturday, March 27, 2010

What a Relief!

Well, I did it! I made, decorated, delivered, set up, and finished the biggest cake I have ever made! What a wonderful relief! I was just praying and praying through the entire process and I am so happy with the result! We had to improvise while putting the topper in position as the top of the egg just wasn't small enough to sit on the tier the way we had planned. But I think it came out even better than what we had originally planned, so it was actually a blessing that the egg kept on cracking! The new version really makes it look like the egg was 'exploding' and sending pieces falling all over the cake. Very effective!
I am just so relieved and happy that it is done, but there was one part of the whole experience that was a little difficult to swallow.... I found out this style cake was worth around $800.00 for a professional to make! Yeah... I didn't charge that much... :-) Oh well, I'll know better for next time! For now, enjoy the pics!

2 comments:

  1. Just discovered your blog. Great read! And great cake above. WOW.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great read?? haha - just wait 'til you're living it, girl! ;-)

    ReplyDelete