Thursday, September 2, 2010

Not slave labor... I promise!!

So get this, Vettoria has decided she loves doing the dishes!! I am not kidding! She came up to me one day and asked if she could help. I was a little hesitant at first as I didn't want her to break anything. But then I thought it couldn't hurt to let her dry some plastics. So she did, and she loved it. And I didn't mind the help either! So a couple of days later she asked if she could wash the dishes. I was very hesitant to do this as I knew it would end with water all over her and the floor. But then one day I was so over doing them I decided to actually let her have a turn... just cutlery and plastic cups, you know. And not only did she love it but she was actually quite good at it! She was so thorough, and was continually checking with me that it was washed good enough. I admit, I did actually feel tiny pangs of guilt as I continually said to her "nope, I still see a little spot". But I made sure I was very enthusiastic to make up for it when all the spots were actually off :-) hee hee. Anyway, she has had a great time helping me over the past few days, so I am taking advantage of it as much as I can. Maybe this training might actually pay off one day? Or maybe I should just realise this is the only chance in my lifetime when she will be volunteering to actually do them.........

Either way, I just want my little girl to be happy... you know...... ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment