Tuesday, October 12, 2010

It's time to trust...

General Conference inspired me to get back into my personal scripture study of the Book of Mormon. I just loved President Eyring's talk titled "Trust in God, Then Go and Do". It reminded me that if I want Heavenly Father to trust me with further blessings and responsibilities I need to first trust him when he says I can receive them if I do what he says. So, no more justifications as to why I don't have time to read, it's time to act and not allow myself to be acted upon. I know that if I read my scriptures daily and apply them in my life that I will have the spirit more with me. The spirit makes me feel better, act better, and inspires me more, and this in turn blesses me and my family.

So, today I made a goal for myself. I find as I get older I need goals to encourage me to pursue things I otherwise would let slip by (ie: run a 10km race). So I made a goal to read the entire Book of Mormon by December 24th, Christmas Eve. I don't know if I have ever read it that fast before, even as a missionary. It is 10 weeks and 3 days away. According to my very quick calculations the Book has about 296 chapters in it. That's almost 30 chapters a week, which is four chapters a day-- Yikes! Is that possible with two toddlers?? We shall see.

But, to make it just a little more inspiring and rewarding for me, I have also given myself the task of choosing a verse that stands out to me every time I read, then record my findings and inspirations about that verse/s. Since I consider this to be our family journal and one day I will have it printed into a memory book for our family, I thought it might be nice to have not only a fun-filled book of memories, but also a bit of a spiritual journey side as recorded by me, the mother of the home for my girls to look back on one day. I don't know if they will read any of my inspirations, but hey, for me now I know that this experience will be what I need right now in my life. So, let the reading begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment