Tuesday, May 17, 2011

The Big Chop

So after giving my own hair a cut recently (and with surprisingly normal results!) I decided to give the kids' hair a try as well. I had already cut Tori's hair once before but with scary results.. I was aiming for about 2cm off but in my quest for perfection I ended up cutting a little more than that........ but you know, that was like ages ago and now I am older and wiser so this time was going to be better... right?

I knew I wanted to give Eadie a fringe that didn't fall all over her face, and give Tori a trim to get rid of the thin hair at the ends which was always knotting. Here is a BEFORE pic just to remind everyone:


So I took them into the bathroom and we began. It went something like this: 
Snip snip snip... look... snip snip... look again... snip.... 'oh no, what am I doing?' snip snip snip.... 'why did I do this?' ... snip.. 'what was I thinking?!'  Snip snip snip snip snip... 'Thats too short... it needs a bit more off this side..' snip snip snip... 'oops...' snip snip.. "Sure, it's looking great Tori!"... snip... 'Heaven help me....maybe that will do and nobody will notice...' snip snip... 'just one more...I think that will do...' Snip... 'yep.. I'm done... Oh, wait...' snip... 'Ok.. Done. Now push her away before I see more mistakes!'

And I did that TWICE! Talk about nerve-racking! I just about had a heart attack. I just kept cutting and cutting and every cut felt so wrong! The scissors went this way and that way as if my hand had no control. Want to see the results? Check out my babies:


Despite it all, I think Eadie's new look makes her eyes 'pop'. And as for Tori, well I am sad that I accidentally cut off a few too many of her gorgeous curls, but it is now thicker and it suits her beautifully.

Seriously, I don't know how my mum did it throughout my entire childhood.. I just wish she was here to do her grandkids now! But until then I think I'll let the professionals take care of it. Lucky for my kids they are gorgeous enough that even their scissor-scary mother can't stop them looking fabulous :-) Phew!


2 comments:

  1. I think you did a really good job! They look cute and Eadie looks so much older with her fringe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Carmen!! I was so nervous! eadie does look older, she is growing so much. her and tori wear most of the same clothes now, crazy!

    ReplyDelete