Tuesday, August 23, 2011

I'll show Juan yet...

Anyone who knows me well, is aware of the fact that I cannot grow plants to save myself. I kill vegetables, plants, herbs, flowers, you name it. Whether they are inside or out, consider them dead.

BUT, I think I have found a fabulous way to avoid all this death and disappointment. I have invested all of my faith and enthusiasm into a beautiful plant which survives solely on water. That's right, only water. No dirt, no sun, no re-potting, no weeding - just WATER. How awesome is that? It's like having a bunch of flowers that never die!

What's my secret , you ask? It's this beautiful plant right here:


It's BAMBOO! I know, right?! How cool is that? I got the idea from an Asian lady who did the photo shoot of me and the girls. She had a HUGE bunch of them in a vase in her office and it looked great. I just fell in love and knew they were the plant for me.

They grow taller but can be trimmed from the top if they get too high. Within a couple more weeks they should have roots showing at the bottom of the stems which I trim if I want, or just let them grow out. They are slow growing and I'm told I should have them forever so long as I change the water once a week and peel off any low growing leaves below water level. I can do that! 

I am so excited about them because not only do they look fabulous, but they are the exact color I love to splash here and there throughout my home. Are they not my ideal plant?
I think so too. :-)

1 comment: