Sunday, February 12, 2012

Like one isn't enough.....

Even though she is only 11 months old, Anabel is already giving me a run for my money. You can imagine my horror as I lay on my bed reading and I suddenly hear a familiar sound.... I knew what it was straight away... Three years of living with Eadith have attuned my ears to that sound... a sound that only a mother of a rat-bag will fully appreciate..... 

Pencil on plasterboard!

I bolt up, and sure enough, there is Anabel scratching away on the perfectly white walls in my bedroom. I didn't even know she could hold a pencil, let alone draw with it! As I took the pencil from her and assessed the artwork, she looked up at me and smiled a smile that I know only too well. It's the smile only the mother of a ratbag will fully appreciate. 

All I can say is, thank goodness for magic wall erasers, which I now keep a supply of in my laundry cupboard. 

Gee, let me guess where she learned how to do that.... Ugh, I'm so in trouble....

No comments:

Post a Comment