Saturday, May 5, 2012

Anabel's First Batter Beater

I'm a big believer in carrying on traditions... the fun ones mostly... I let Eadie eat raw spaghetti sticks throughout the day because it was something I used to do as a kid. Is it good for her? Not really sure, but I turned out ok... 

So now it was Anabel's turn to be introduced to one of life's fun experiences. Licking the batter beater! She had seen Tori and Eadie do it since she was born, and I would watch her little baby face light up as she watched them "hmm!" and "yum!" their way slobbering all over those four prongs their little tongues twisting in and out as cake batter smeared all over their smiling faces. Well, Anabel is one year and one month old now, and as she was watching me cook Eadie's third birthday cupcakes with excitement, keeping her eyes glues to the beaters as I moved them from one place to another, I knew she was read to live the experience for herself. Well she was just beside herself! Her little chubby hand reached out as I passed it to her and it was as if someone had handed her a first place Olympic medal. She was elated! I started by giving her just one, and she was so excited and loving every moment I couldn't resist giving her the second as well! Lucky girl! 


She loved every moment. I took snaps of the pics because she just looked so proud and so happy and it really seemed like she actually felt like a big girl doing something she had seen only her big cool sisters do. 
Anabel, welcome to the Batter Beater Club. There will be plenty more where that came from! 

*three seconds later*

Oh no... I just had a thought... 
Two beaters... three sisters... 
Dang it..... What have I done?!

I'm in trouble...

















No comments:

Post a Comment