Sunday, September 9, 2012

Excuses, excuses...

For the past two months I have been taking photos and mentally logging events and moments that I intended to put on this blog 'asap'. Well, 'asap' ended up being September, and here I am finally getting around to updating our family events.
What a crazy couple of months is has been! So much has happened, and yet at the same time everything is still pretty much the same. This winter has been an absolute shocker for us health wise, and our poor little family have been in and out of sicknesses in a way I didn't know existed. This week we're back in it again. I'm sitting here writing this feeling the nauseating remnants of food poisoning, Tori is laying in her bed waiting for medication to kick in so the pain in her ear will stop, Bel is playing on her little toy truck as her nose drips and she coughs every once in a while, and Eadie is uncharacteristically quiet as she lays on the couch watching T.V. Even Juan is having a day off work today and at the moment is visiting the chiropractor in the hope of repairing his aching neck and painfully annoying tinnitus (ringing in the ears) which he has had for weeks. It's just insane. But it's the horrible truth I'm afraid to say. Just when one gets better, another is sick. And when they end, something else hits. I'm told these things wont happen as much as the kids get older, that it's just their little immune systems getting stronger and in a few years we wont be going through it as bad as it has been. I hope so. The one consolation is that every other family I know with one or more kids under 5 are going through the exact same thing we are. Just one of the joys of parenthood I guess.

Oh, and did I mention we lost the camera? Yep. No idea where it is. So I apologize if these posts are rather boring due to a lack of cute pics... but I'll do the best I can to make them as entertaining as possible with the blurry pics I have randomly snapped on my mobile....  :-/

No comments:

Post a Comment