Friday, November 28, 2014

Our Speedy Little Runners

I'm the proud parents of TWO champions! :-D
OK, so that's a slight exaggeration, but hey, both my girls came first place in both of their school 75m dash races, so I'm one excited mummy here! As usual, I stood on the sidelines screaming my little heart out and loving every minute of watching my girls achieve their young girl dreams.
The two went into it both with differing feelings of anxiety.... Tori was afraid she "wouldn't win this year" (she's a "what if-" kind of gal), and Eadie went into it not even imaging that she could win, but was more concerned with "what if I can't run it?"
To be honest, my fear was that Eadie would win and then Tori would be sad because she wasn't a 'winner' too, and that Tori would win and then Eadie would be upset because "she knew that would happen". So I went into it pretty anxious myself! :-/

They divide the grades up into four or five groups from a variety of classes and then the group runs. Each class had to wear the colors of a different country, Eadie was Canada and Tori was Jamaica, hence the weird running costumes :)

Eadie's group ran first. I was so excited! It was the first time she had competed for anything, so I had no idea what to expect. Well, the gun went off and so did I ! She ran and ran as fast as her little legs could carry her, and before we knew it she was well in front of everybody! She looked around her and noticed she was winning and there was a huge smile on her face. I kept screaming "Keep going Eadie! You're winning! Keep going!" Seriously, with Eadie there's always that possibility that she will run straight over to me and say "I'm winning mum, are you watching?" as every other kids goes past her... So, I did my motherly duty and just kept yelling "Keep going! Keep running!" to remind her it wasn't over! And she won! Such an exciting moment. But the best part was after she received her ribbon and gave me a hug and looked up and me and said "I didn't even know that I could run, and I won the race!" She was the happiest kid in the world :-)




Next came Tori. She was so nervous, as she is with anything where she is asked to perform. Suddenly, the gun went and off she ran! She sped along and I thought she had it in the bag, but another runner was keeping up with her and so all I could do was scream "go go go! You can do it!" and hope she heard me. I was clicking pics along the way and to be honest as they crossed the finish line I couldn't actually tell whether she or the other girl won. It wasn't until she walked over to me with a blue ribbon and I had a look at the photo I took that I realised she had actually won! She fought for it and she won! That's my girl!! SUCH an exciting day for me.





Ahhh..... Such is the life being a mother of little winners ;-P haha. Seriously, well done girls, you fought hard and did a great job, I am super proud of you both! xxx

And here's to next year wen we kick butt again! "Whoot Whoot!" (no pressure...)  ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment