Friday, February 20, 2015

Battle of Wills

So Anabel is still choosing to dislike kindy. I say 'choosing' because that's how she works. She makes a choice about whether she wants to enjoy something, and then she stubbornly sticks to it at all costs. I am sure, for example, if I bribed her with a lollie every time she went, then she would choose to enjoy going to kindy and that would be the end of it. It's the same with eating her dinner. She one day decided she didn't like spaghetti bolognaise, and refused to eat it until the day I said "you wont get any garlic bread until you eat your bolognaise", at which she considered the option, weighed up the pros and cons, and then proceeded to put the spaghetti in her mouth and saying the word "Yum! I love this now. This is sooo yummy!" not realising I could see her gag reflex monitoring she thought otherwise...  But still, she now claims to love spag bog because she made the choice she does. 

And so it is with kindy. Despite having a fine time once she is there, she has decided that she doesn't like it and would rather not go. I am just so over the constant arguing and debating every single morning trying to get her ready, and then every single night before bed. She only goes three days a week, but she is just miserable. So, today we tried a different technique. 

"OK Anabel", I said "You don't have to go to kindy today, but you will have to stay in your bed all day long. No playing, no fun, no toys. Just laying in your bed and that is all. How do you feel about that?"
"That's ok, I'll do that". :-S And so it began. I had the plan that she would get so bored after about an hour of doing absolutely nothing, that I was convinced she would be at kindy by 10am. 

I was wrong. Anabel stayed in that bed ALL. DAY. LONG.

She just layed there, cute as could be, staring at nothing. 

At one point I came in and she was tossing a book up in the air and catching it - while laying down. Of course, I took the book away and reminded her that there was 'no fun playing with books either', and she continued to lay there, just looking and entertaining herself. She would occasionally have a rest and then wake up and entertain herself again. 

Stubborn. Little. Cutie!! 

There was one hour when an old FDC friend came around with her son on a spur of the moment visit, and I let Bel come out and play during that time, mostly out of pity for little Lucas who wanted some entertainment, but apart from that, and eating her lunch, she stayed in that bed the entire time. I'm not sure what will come of this kindy debacle, but one thing I do know, we have one stubborn little girl on our hands.

Juan thinks she gets it from me, but I absolutely refuse to believe that..  ;-) 


No comments:

Post a Comment