Thursday, December 10, 2015

I'm a Masters Graduate!

The big day finally arrived, it was so exciting! I was graduating again, this time with a Masters! What a wonderful, crazy adventure studying is, I just love it :-) I now have a Masters of Training & Development with a specialty in Adult and Vocational Education.  My only regret at the graduation? Not wearing my hair down! I looked bald under that hat, haha!

This time I had not two, but three kids by my side, along with Juan who was proudly cheering me on the whole time. If it wasn't for him, I don't even know if I would have graduated at all. There were some nights where I was in tears and complaining to him "Maybe I should just quit and we can use the money and effort on something else", to which he would calmly remind me of my future goals, how far I had already come, and would provide me with words of encouagement until I replied "You're right", and turned around and began again. 

I studied for 18 months, sometimes doing two classes, sometimes three. At one point I was also working three days a week doing the FDC while doing two classes as well as looking after the kids and running the house; no small feat, but I actually found it to be a very rewarding and fulfilling experience. By the end of it, I no longer ran the FDC, but was studying three classes and planning to start my own training business within the child care industry, a soft skills development business which, with the help of my mum, I named Essential Training Group (see www.essentialtraininggroup.com.au or www.ccretention.com.au) It has all been so exciting to see it all come together, I have felt positively 'led' the whole way. 

I was particularly excited when I received 98% followed by 96% for some of my assignments. I usually aim for the 85%, but seriously, by the end of it would have been happy with anything over a pass. So when I was continually receiving marks like that more and more as the course went on, it was a wonderful feeling. 

I'm really grateful that I live in a country where, as a woman, I can study what I want, when I want. My friends and family have also been a great support throughout the whole process, it was so encouraging to hear "I'm not surprised at all!" when I told them of a mark I received or they helped me overcome hurdles in my mind. But, I am especially grateful for a husband who loves and supports me no matter what I choose to do. Along with a merciful Heavenly Father who leads me along, Juan has been my rock and my advisor through it all, and still is. I also want my girls to know that they can accomplish anything they want to do in this life, and beyond; just let your thoughts be led by the Spirit, banish the fear, and strive forward with faith in God and in yourself. I hope you will. Much love and thanks to you all. xx


No comments:

Post a Comment